moved by beauty
We had a warm sunny day today, almost blindingly bright after a long spell of gloomy rain. The beauty of the fall colours in the trees lining many of Vancouver's older streets gave me great pleasure as I headed for an appointment. Back to rain tomorrow, but then it looks like we'll have several sunny days so maybe I'll get some of my fall gardening jobs done after all.
Along with today's sunshine, I've been deeply moved by some exceptionally beautiful writing and images:
- Dave Bonta thinks profound thoughts while out walking
- Another glorious cycle of sonnets in the Handbook for Explorers written by Joe Hyam with photographs by Lucy Kempton
- Beth's rich descriptions of a day in Montreal when she realizes "I was home".
- The rich jewel-like colours in Tracy Helgeson's paintings.
- Sadness that the Giornale Nuovo is quitting after five years of blogging. Thank you for giving us so much beauty and knowledge, misteraitch.