Wow, this blog has been named a "thinking blog" by Peter - poet, writer, husband, father and spiritual guide extraordinaire of Another Country! I'm thrilled and honoured to be included in such good company, and especially pleased that Peter knows how to say my name right! (He's got help from his Finnish wife.)
So what's this "thinking blogger award"? Following links, I found it's a meme with a difference, to tag "Blogs That Make Me Think".
With much difficulty choosing only five from numerous worthy ones from my links list, of which many have already been tagged with this award, here's my list:
1. Beth of Cassandra Pages always presents beautiful, deeply thoughtful writing on culture, life and spirit, and is the author of recently published Going to Heaven.
2. Dave of Via Negativa is a quirky, humorous, and intelligent mostly nature-based writer, poet and photographer.
3. Natalie of Blaugustine is an inspiring and lively artist, fabulous illustrator and writer of graphic novels, most recently The God Interviews.
4. Hanhensulka of Dionysoksen Kevät is a Finn living in Brussels who writes with humour about culture and sometimes about Finno-Ugric studies (my favourite!) in Finnish.
5. Kris of about Archaeology provides a fantastic resource on one of my favourite subjects.
Participating is totally voluntary as I know some bloggers do not 'do' memes! If you choose to join in, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
(UPDATE: Apologies for any confusion if you visited earlier and now find that I've edited this post, deciding to take Dave's advice, per the comments below!)
UPDATE, May 2nd, a bit late: A big thank you to Lori Witzel, an artist, photographer and writer with a keen eye who blogs at chatoyance for also nominating me! I'm doubly blessed by this circle of bloggers.