99 things to do
I rarely do memes any more but this looked like fun.
The rules are simple: bold the things you've done.
Explanations are optional. Fun is guaranteed.
1. Started my own blog (surprise!)
2. Slept under the stars (tried for about an hour but could not sleep)
3. Played in a band (does piano accompaniment for a quartet count?)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world (Legoland in Denmark count?)
8. Climbed a mountain (on trails)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo (played piano solo though)
11. Bungee jumped (never never!)
12. Visited Paris (maybe next year)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (can't remember, but I have seen many on the prairies)
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning (bad shrimp at a lunch counter)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (see #12)
20. Slept on an overnight train (the last time was from Frankfurt to Prague, and back - a rickety, shaky old train it was, so not much sleep actually!)
21. Had a pillow fight (with my brother)
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill (on a bad "time of the month")
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping (love it after sauna!)
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (does a vaporetto count?
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run (when I was a kid)
32. Been on a cruise (Helsinki to St. Petersburg, Russia)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (the Canadian side)
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors (in Finland)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language (does English immersion at the age of five count?)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing (not the extreme kind)
40. Seen Michelangelo's David (I cried)
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted (sketched only)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (wow!)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (see # 12)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business (being an artist count?)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia (see # 32)
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching (on the west coast of Vancouver Island)
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving (no way!)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (my children's)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar (what's so special about it?)
72. Pieced a quilt (a jacket, vest and pillow covers)
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job (had a job disappear under me)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone (twice)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (terrified, with a Finnish cousin)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican (the museum only, amazing!)
82. Bought a brand new car (my first was an orange 1970 VW Beetle)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper (a few times)
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (unless fish count)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (define famous)
92. Joined a book club (I'm not a joiner)
93. Lost a loved one (several)
94. Had a baby (three times)
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
First found at Finnish blogger Anniina's Mischievous Muse, then seen at Pica's place.
UPDATES: Kate of Wombat's World and Wandering Coyote have done this too!
And here is Black Pete's
Marja-Leena | 10/12/2008 | 13 comments
themes: Blogging, Neat stuff
I may take this up myself; it does look fun!
OK, my list is up!
Wandering - Thanks for mentioning 'vaporetto', the word I could not remember for the Venetian motorboat; have changed it now. Glad you had fun with this.
How interesting! I like that red crochet too.
Buying the stranger the meal piques my curiosity...
Lucy, the red crochet is a little square doily or small placemat, one of six that my great-aunt made for me a long time ago. I'm not one for doilies but at Christmas I find the odd use for one or two and it makes me think of her. As for the stranger, here's the story in the second to last paragraph. We treated him. I don't think we've ever done this before.
Marja-Leena, your bold is not showing up in my browser -- not sure why?
Pica, oh dear, I don't know either, maybe it's the font. I don't like how it looks bold but I do love it otherwise and hate to change. What browser and PC are you using? (I'm on a Mac using Safari) Anyone else having this problem?
Decided not to do this because, even if I take thought, I can't see myself making much of a fist of No. 94.
Barrett, but as a father, you are part of an equation.
It's a fun exercise this, isn't it? But I don't think a gondolier would thank you for counting a ride on a vaporetto as one in a gondola :)
Hi Harry! You're absolutely right. It was flooded and raining the day we were there, and not quite the atmosphere conducive to a romantic ride in a gondola. I'll correct my oversight so it's not bold.
Your list is quite interesting and you seem to have achieved quite a lot.Many of them actually got me thinking more than I would have normally..........
nkolika, welcome! I see you are a anew blogger, how exciting!
Thank you for visiting and commenting.