I've been tagged for a meme called FIve Things You May Not Know About Me, thanks to Jean at This Too. My, I had to think long and hard on this since I've already revealed much about myself on this blog. My life has not been very exotic and I don't harbour any dreadful secrets, but here's what I've come up with.
1. This is the first time on this blog that I show a photo of myself as a child, at 5 years of age, taken just before we emigrated to Canada.
2. I had my first and only artist's garret around the age of eight. I spent hours there drawing, writing, reading and day-dreaming.
3. I was good in math in high school with marks in the low 90's. My math teacher wanted me to pursue it in university. I told her I wasn't a natural at it, only that she was an excellent teacher. That point was proven in Grade 12 when I almost failed it due to an incompetent teacher. Instead, I wanted to become an architect, interior designer or an artist.
4. I have (or had) more than 50 cousins, having lost count after that.
5. I have an international family with birth or ancestry from Finland mostly, Karelia, Russia, Germany, England, Greece, Ukraine and USA, and probably others that I don't know about. We all came from Africa, you know.
I'm supposed to tag five others. I invite anyone who's interested.